Would you like to advertise on this site? and/or share tips and tricks with me to add? Simply email me at j4atkinson@gmail.com for information.

To have your item featured in our weekly featured ad, let us know at j4atkinson@gmail.com.

Friday, November 14, 2008

Cloning, creating living monstrosities and cool photos

Have you ever had a great photo that you just love except for one thing? I have and lucky for us, we can fix it. I was editing photos and didn't find a good picture for demonstration so I made my own graffiti, ha. So, pretend it's real and now that it's there, let's get rid of it. ***As with all my images, to make it bigger and more easily seen, simply click on the image***

Photoshop has this amazing tool, the cloning tool. Go ahead and click on it.

Now you'll want to find a part of your photo that is what you are wanting to clone and basically replace what you're trying to get rid of. In our case, it will be the rock surrounding the graffiti. It will need to be something that is close in proximity to what we are covering up. Once you find the replacement option click alt and then left mouse click. It has now recorded what you are cloning and you are ready to click over the graffiti and watch rock show up. I like to use a small brush size but you may want to use a bigger one or adjust it as the size gets smaller.

The circle that I pointed to in this image is the brush covering up the graffiti and the + is where it is copying from. You may need to alt click a few times to move the + out of the way of the graffiti or else you will be covering up graffiti with graffiti. This may sound confusing, but I promise once you start you will know exactly what I'm saying.
We now have a picture that was pretty much useless before. How cool is that tool?!! You can use it for anything. To get rid of people, cars, poles, animals, garbage, anything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is useful to try everything in practise anyway and I like that here it's always possible to find something new. :)

Anonymous said...

I didn't understand the concluding part of your article, could you please explain it more?